THE WOMEN’S MINISTRY
- MOTHERS & CHILDREN
- SINGLE WOMEN
- ELDERLY & FRAIL CARE
The Mommies section comprises of homeless, destitute women, abused women and children, refugee women and children (with permits), women with addictions and their children. We can accommodate approximately 60/70 mommies and 100/120 children at any given time.
Life Skills Programmes include:
- Bible School 1-3 years
- Parenting Skills
- Anger & Conflict Management
- Victim 2 Survivor Skills
- Training-mainly dealing with abuses
One on one counselling and support groups, are part of the holistic approach we take in our endeavours to assist and restore these women and children.
The children attend our Educare Centre, L.A.M.B.S, and The Ark Christian School, and we involve them in as much after school activity as possible i.e. sports and various youth programmes.
The Single Ladies section is divided into four sub- sections:
- SINGLE LADIES
- SINGLE MOTHERS WITH CHILDREN
- FRAIL CARE – ELDERLY AND THE SICK
This area of ministry originated at the inception of the ministry in 1992 at Westlake and relocated to Faure in 2000.
To actively equip and rehabilitate, through Christian Spiritual Intervention and life orientation, and then re-integrated back into society a fully functioning individual who is able to contribute within their communities and toward the economic up-liftmen of the country, by being gainfully employed.
People seeking assistance; includes abused women and children, alcoholics and drug addicts, the frail and aged, sickly (HIV/AIDS, T.B.) and the destitute and homeless.
We accommodate approximately 175 women and 150 children at any given time.
SERVICES AND OPPORTUNITIES OFFERED:
- Accommodation, food & clothing
- Educare centre – enabling mothers to attend lectures & courses & obtain employment
- Counselling, one on one & group sessions
- Life & job skills training
- Spiritual teaching , training and enrichment through the Bible (i.e. character, building, honesty ,integrity, child rearing)
- Transport to & from hospitals
- Secretarial Services/Assistance – CV’s, applications for Housing, Government Grants (pensions & child), applications for parental maintenance, legal assistance, job referrals and placement wherever possible.
Would you like to start a partnership with us?
If you would like to donate some other way or offer gifts in-kind, please contact us.